John Devereux O’Reilly III, Dev to those who know him, is the founder and original developer, salesperson, trainer, and support person for RollMaster Software. Dev set out to automate his family’s flooring distribution company in New Orleans nearly 40 years ago, not realizing at the time that his vision would lead RollMaster to become one of the top flooring-centric business management software systems in the U.S. and Canada.
Dev holds a BS in economics and accounting from the University of Southwest Louisiana. He’s a Vietnam Era Naval line Officer. Following his active duty in the Navy, he spent ten years developing the core system that he would eventually take to market as RollMaster Software in the mid-90s. Dev was careful to build a scalable accounting-integrated platform that would yield real-time data across multiple locations, which then led RollMaster to become the first flooring software to launch a cloud-based platform, well before “the cloud” was cool.
Dev currently serves as President and CEO of the company and takes great pride in watching his extremely talented RollMaster team do great things for RollMaster’s clients. Dev is the former Audubon District Chairman of the New Orleans BSA and was an active member of the Azrock, Callaway, Monarch, Tarkett, Domco, and Mannington distributor councils. When not working or spending time with his family, Dev enjoys reading and studying flooring industry statistics, World history, logistics, and aviation.
- 1970 to 1973 – On active duty in the USN.
- May 1973 – Discharged from the USN.
- Summer 1973 – Begins working in sales for Port Distributing, his family’s wholesale flooring distributor.
- 1975 – Responds to the need to manage growth and margin by beginning development on a flooring business software.
- Late 70’s – Port Distributing has grown into two locations, 12MM Distributor.
- June 11, 1979 – RollMaster Software was featured as a news story on the front cover of Floor Covering Weekly (Volume 28 #24). This creates immediate industry interest and first purchases from other distributors.
- October 3, 1980 – Textile Management Systems, Inc. was incorporated.
- 1980’s – Concentrated development efforts on the retail software segment.
- January 1990 – First version of RollMaster was sold in Mobile, AL.
June 1995, a windows pc based graphical user interface was introduced to replace “green screen” dumb terminals.
- January 1, 2000 – RollMaster cloud hosting introduced to the North American market to replace remote servers and LAN configurations and a DR backup site.
- January 25th, 2000 – RollMaster participated as a founding member of the B2B standards committee. This evolved into today’s FCB2B services.
- June 2008 – RM graphical development advanced to enhance functionality and interaction with Windows desktop integrations.
- July 2008 – Handheld and wireless RM BarCode system introduced.
- December 2008 – RM cutting machine interface introduced.
- June 2009 – The first version of the RM installation scheduler and web calendar introduced.
- January 2010 – RMCE commercial estimating software introduced.
- January 2011 – RM E-DOCS introduced.
- October 2011 – First version of the RM graphical interface was introduced, emphasizing data sorting, data drill down and extensions to other applications including SQL, Excel and other MS office desktop tools.
- January 2013 – FCB2B initial web service enhancements delivered.
- June 2013 – RMMobileApp and Property Management Web Portal are introduced.
- January 2014 – First RM Dashboard introduced; enhanced sales analysis introduced.
- January 2015 – RM Consulting and Virtual CFO introduced.
- January 2016 – Credit Card integration with ChargeItPro by Gravity introduced.
- January 2018 – RM API introduced.
- March 2018 – RMAnalytics powered by Tableau introduced.
- March 2019 – RM MeasureSquare Mobile & Commercial Estimating integration introduced.
- March 2020 – RM Text Alert
- March 2021 – RM5Star Online Reputation Management introduced